1. Spend a hot summer day doing something exhausting you really like to do, the key here is sweat.
2. Pack as many lovely people as is possible in your vehicle of preference, preferably one that can take a bunch of canoes.
3. Location, location, location. (Derwent Water)
4. Food, drink. Cake is king and wetsuits are optional.
5. Then you do the hardest thing of them all: be completely and fully there.
No work related tasks on your mind.
You look at the people you’ve got around you and you immerse yourself in the company. You watch the nature around you. You go paddling if you feel like paddling, you swim if you want to swim, and you eat cake and sip on a G&T if that’s what make you buzz.
No rules except presence.
Unbeatable way to spend an evening, especially in the Lakes.
So thanks to the Cottingham and Christian families for bringing me along. I can indeed recommend it. I’m quite fussy when it comes to lake swimming since I’m brought up amongst Gothenburg's seaweed, jellyfish and crabs. But this place my friends, I can wholeheartedly give my blessing to (note: wear a wetsuit to avoid the long underwater vegetation tickling you beyond what you can bare).